Are you the property owner and selling or buying a home that is located within the Lynnfield Center Water District and connected to the public water supply?
If so, we need to hear from you. The property owner is responsible for their Water District Account not a tenant.
Selling – The owner, real estate broker, or attorney needs to arrange for a “final bill” to be used at the closing. The fee for reading the meter and processing the final bill is $50.
- Two to three weeks prior to the closing date call the District, +1.781.334.3901 to schedule a “Final Reading” appointment. When you call we can provide the current account balance, determine if we need to get into the house, if someone needs to be there, and set a date and time for the reading.
- Your appointment will consist of our technician electronically or physically reading the water meter. If the meter is not equipped with an outside or radio reader one may be added. Depending upon the age of the meter and water usage the technician may also replace the meter. Based upon the amount of work required, your appointment could take up to one hour to complete.
- The “Final Bill” is generated using the meter reading and will reflect the $50 processing fee, any past due amount, plus usage to date. The Water District account needs to be settled by the owner, broker, or attorney prior to the close and they will receive a “receipted” bill for the closing. If the final bill reflects a zero or credit balance it may be FAXed, emailed, or mailed out upon request.
- Please ask the new owner to contact the District for an Application for Water Service, (see below).
Buying – The new owner (not a tennant) needs to submit an “Application for Water Service” to the District.
- Print out this “Application for Water Service”
- Complete the form providing the requested information. Name or names is how you want the account listed. Provide a bill address if you wish to have the bill mailed to an address other than the house (service) address.
- Sign the form where indicated and return it to the District by one of the following methods.
- Scan and email it to: Administration@LCWD.US
- FAX to +1.781.334.3013
- Mail to or drop off at 83 Phillips Road