The Lynnfield Center Water District (LCWD) continues to remain engaged with local town and state officials in understanding and adhering to explicit and clearly defined recommendations from public health officials regarding COVID-19. To that effect, we have put the following conditions in place in our daily operations:
- Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, the LCWD office will be closed for in-person transactions. You can still contact the office by calling 781-334-3901 or by emailing us at [email protected]. Our main phone number will be forwarded and monitored throughout the regular business day from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. If no one answers, please leave a detailed message with contact information and someone will be certain to call you back. We will also all have access to email and will respond accordingly.
- Final water bills for real estate transactions will continue. A revised process has been put in place for this transaction. Please contact the office to schedule an appointment and understand the additional requirements and action items required by this revised process.
- Operations staff will remain available to pump, treat and distribute water in accordance with all standards throughout the week. However, they will be responding only to emergency situations in homes on a case by case basis as needed. Maintenance items will be deferred until conditions allow in Lynnfield and/or the State of Emergency is lifted by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Crews will remain available to respond to reported after hour emergencies. Please follow standard protocols to report any issues.
- There are ongoing discussions amongst the Board of Commissioners to delay the Annual District Meeting and Special District Meeting scheduled for Monday, April 6, 2020. The same holds true with the regularly scheduled Board meeting on Tuesday, March 24, 2020. Updated schedules will be released when finalized.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation as we navigate a balance between continuing to maintain and operate a safe and reliable water system, provide service to customers and protecting the health and safety of our workplace. Please contact us with any concerns or questions.
For additional information: