Be advised that tomorrow, Wednesday, July 15th, LCWD crews will be repairing a water main leak on Main Street near Carter Road. Residents in the area will lose pressure and may lose supply so that we can repair the leak. The work will begin at 8:00 a.m. but water impacts could become visible between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Residents that live on Main Street between Phillips Road and Summer Street; on Saunders Road, Ashley Court, Mable Hill, Grant Road, Carter Road, Willard Lane, Stanley Road and Center Village will be most impacted, see reduction in pressure and will lose water. Residents in neighborhoods in and around this area may see some discoloration. Please visit our website at www.LCWD.US for up to date information. You are welcome to contact the office with any specific question or concern at 781-334-3901.
If as a result of this work you EXPERIENCE PERIODS WITH NO WATER, POOR PRESSURE AND POSSIBLY DISCOLORATION OF THE WATER, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE WATER IS TURNED BACK ON, please see below:
DO’S AND DON’TS
- TURN YOUR COLD WATER ON FIRST AND LET IT RUN UNTIL IT IS CLEAR, preferably from an outside water spigot.
- Do not run your hot water or use your dishwasher until the water is clear.
- Do not use your washing machine–your clothes may become stained.
- Although the water is safe to drink, please avoid drinking the water if it is discolored.
- We do not recommend, but you may flush your toilet; however, when the water is turned on you will need to flush several times to clear the discolored water from the toilet tank.
- If you accidentally use your hot water while the water is discolored, you may have to completely flush the hot water tank to clear out the discoloration and there is a possibility that you may damage the hot water heater.